April 6, 2010

{5 Dos & Donts to Reconnect with your Kids: DO #3}

Do #3: Put Your Child’s Events on Your Calendar
This is a simple way of staying connected to the activities and events of importance to your child and that make up his/her life.

Example: 
By putting all of Raka’s events on my corporate calendar, I am able to stay connected to my daughter’s life. If there is an event occurring that is open to parents, such as a track meet or similar event, I can try to coordinate my schedule to be there. If that’s not possible, at the very least I can make certain it’s the first thing I ask her about at home that evening. I even include Raka’s important test and project due dates on my calendar so that I am available to discuss and/or to assist her in studying.
{5 Dos & Donts to Reconnect with your Kids: DO #3}SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and will be posted promptly after they are reviewed.