January 26, 2010

{Not giving up is the only recipe for change}


Life has been very frantic the last few days. Raka is the final stretch of her Junior year, and I am getting more and more used to her coming to the kitchen in her PJs, with a lost look and her hair all messed up as she immerses heavily into academics. Food and hugs are all she needs and I have lots of both to offer. Seeing her huddle with her friends on occasional study groups helps me realize that this is a completely new generation.  They are happy. They are goofy and strange, unless it is time for them to be serious. They care about each other and the world they live in. And they are not afraid to be different and express their feelings and opinions.

I have been amazed by the determination to be happy expressed by the youth of today. As I was thinking all of these things, I got this video called Lost Generation forwarded to me, created for the AARP U@50 video contest. I was not sure what to expect. 

Fortunately I opened it. Of course it is a very creative message, but what touched me was the fact that this new generation is aware of the challenges they face and their determination that they will make the world a better place. Wow! I am glad that they think this way. For us older folks, (just kidding) we should not be barriers, we need to get out of the way to let them make the world a better place.




{Not giving up is the only recipe for change}SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and will be posted promptly after they are reviewed.