May 4, 2009

{Validate Your Kids!}

This is a fable about a parking attendant who gives his customers REAL validation -- dispensing both free parking and free compliments. This film, written and directed by Kurt Kuenne, won best live action short film at the Cleveland International Film Festival in 2007 and is well worth 16 minutes of your time. Perhaps if we all gave a little more validation in our relationships, we'd create more confident and competent people.

When I first received a link for this video, I told myself that I would never watch a 16 minute video on YouTube, but somehow I started watching this. The smile and simplicity of the bearded parking attendant touched me. As the story progressed, I was intrigued and had to watch the end, and when I got to the end, I was completely moved by the video. Initially I thought this was just a story of romance; a story of how a man’s smile and attitude can change the world around him, a story of a rapidly vanishing culture in which we do not have time for each other.

But then I realized it also is the story of a relationship between a mom and her daughter and how a simple smile on a mom’s life changes the entire life of the daughter. This made me realize how we as parents influence the lives of our children even after our they grow up.


{Validate Your Kids!}SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

1 comment:

  1. Great video and message. Thank you for sharing Arjun!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated and will be posted promptly after they are reviewed.